As lovers of nature, flowers and all things creative, we recognise that as an industry, we need to do better. Our sustainability strategy underpins the entire foundation of our event styling and floristry business, driving us to continually innovate for new and exciting change, and helping us make better choices to protect our natural environment.
We Effect Change
“Sustainability for events means taking action towards preserving our natural environment; promoting a healthy, inclusive society; and supporting a thriving economy.” – The Events Industry Council (EIC)
From the wrappings we choose, to the flowers we pick, from our processes of reusing and reducing, to our own floral garden and beehive, we’re always looking for new, innovative ways to effect change and challenge our commitment to sustainability.
Creating change is a movement and we invite you to join ours. Together, with our suppliers and customers by our side, we can effect real change; tangible actions that reduce our carbon footprint on our natural environment.
We Do Things Differently
Elegant, beautiful, impactful – but not wasteful. Beautiful events and flowers should not carry a huge toll on the environment.
Here are a few of the ways we choose to do things differently:
- We don’t print on core-flute or foam board, we have beautiful reusable A1 frames and print on compostable paper using vegetable ink so the paper can be composted afterwards.
- After events, if the flowers and floral arrangements are unwanted we take them to preschools, hospitals, hospices, rest homes or other places of your choice. This allows the blooms to be enjoyed for their full lifetime.
- We mix artificial flowers with fresh, to prolong the life of the feature, reduce hazards and water waste, and remove the need for sourcing out of season flowers.
- Wherever we can, we use live and native plants in our displays. These are either hired and returned to the growers after the event, or donated to schools, community gardens or environmental projects.
- We reduce waste and any products that cannot be composted. This is a continually innovating space as we find new and exciting ways to effect these changes. Read more about this here.
- Wherever possible, we source our flowers from local growers, right here in New Zealand.
- We created the Naked Bouquet which makes its own statement, wrapped in recycled newspaper and bound with twine, it is all completely compostable.